Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spelling words for April 22-25

Dear parents,

Our Spelling words for next week are ones that reinforce the process of writing. The students will use the following words to write a report about the weather. Our words are: melted, from, minutes, always, month, also, warm, drift, flood, burst, warning, forecast, beautiful, during, evening, and almost. Our bonus words are irreplaceable and itinerary.

Our Theme Reading for this week is a folk tale titled "The Mango Tree". Our content words are: hometown, recover, ignore, robust, mulch, mango, welfare, soul, appetite, and adores. Please go over the meaning of these words with your children. 

I hear that the Talent Show went really well. I was so disappointed I missed it. Miss Gardiner took pictures though, so I'll post them later. 

I'm not sure if my voice will be back by Tuesday, but I will be there. I am feeling much better. Thanks for all your emails wishing me a speedy recovery from strep throat! 

Best wishes,

Mrs. Gerri Karr