Friday, January 10, 2014

No new spelling words next week

Dear parents,

We've reached our review week for Spelling, so there are no new words next week and there is no test to study for! Yeah!! The children did really well on their test today. Thank you for helping them with these words. 

Next week, our theme reading is about whales. Perhaps, have your child do some extra research on this topic on the weekend. I will publish the words on Monday's blog. I forgot to bring them home! (My bad!) 

We had a recognition assembly and welcoming slide show first thing this morning. It's so heartwarming to see so many of my former students taking leadership roles in Grade 6 and 7! I hope that your sons and daughters will be as involved in the running of our school when they are older. 

Today, Latash, our First Nation's support worker, came in to share three stories. My favourite was the one about the halibut and the raven! It made me hungry for fish and chips! :)

We started an art assignment using pattern blocks today. They had fun doing this!

I'm planning on having the last 15 minutes of the day as a quiet reading time. Behaviour has been a little frantic near the end of the day, so I'm going to reign them in a bit. Please make sure your child has reading material for this part of the day. I have mentioned this for a few days now. Please review behaviour expectations with your child. 

Thanks for everything and best wishes,

Mrs. Gerri Karr