Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What a wacky guy!

Dear parents,

We had a wonderful author visit from Richard, "the guy with the glasses and weird hair" today. He was incredibly funny! All I can say is I'm glad I didn't have to teach this guy as a child in Grade 3!! His mouth never stopped, and I'm sure his brain was going faster than his mouth was. I'm sure the budding writers in our class felt encouraged to write books of their own. 

We had an energetic time in fitness. Thanks to Miss Duncan and her class for setting it up for us after the author visit.

We started a new unit in Math today studying Geometry. We studied points or vertices and line segments. Tomorrow, we will look at the relationship between the number of vertices and their connecting line segments in a closed geometric figure.
It took three intermediate teachers half a lunch hour to come up with the formula. We'll see if any of our young minds can do it! 

Best wishes,

Mrs. Gerri Karr